You know when people say "you are so becoming your mother". To me this is such a compliment, my mom is amazing and my best friend and such a great example to me of love, compassion, service, faith, hard work and how to raise a family. I want to be just like her when I grow up, looks like I am on my way...
Over the years, I have noticed I am becoming more like my mother, here is a fun list of ten ways I am "becoming my mother"....
1. I am always cold! I always have a blanket, wear warm pj's to bed. I have not moved on to the slippers on my feet every waking moment but there is still time.
2. I carry my tweezers with me wherever I go.
3. I love making desserts.
4. I finally appreciate a good cucumber sandwich.
5. I fall asleep on the couch. My mom ALWAYS does this. Although I have not progressed to falling asleep in movie theaters yet, again, there is still time.
6. I am worried about my family. All the time. We are worriers.
7. I am a better "looker" than the people I live with. As in I can find anything that is lost way better than Ben. My mom amazed us all at this task growing up.
8. I find myself saying random words in other languages, such as "schnell" haha my mom always said this when she wanted us to hurry up, I have no idea what it means, I think it is German but I find myself saying it sometimes, mostly in my head. Other populars included "Oshi-des-nay" and "comehereisabita-boch-schnell"???
9. My writing is getting harder and harder to read...my mom's is illegible, I am on my way....but we can spell like nobody's business!
10. I can shop till I drop. Well, I have always kind of been able to do this, but it is something we are alike in, we love to shop and have opened and closed many a-malls in our time!
These are just little silly ways I am becoming like my mom, but I really do hope I can become more like her in her selflessness and service and love for others. I love you mom, it is hard to live so far away but just know I know how much you do for us all the time, the little things that make us feel loved, and you don't always get enough appreciation. We all appreciate and love you!
Happy Mother's Day!